Skip to content
Terms & Conditions for bidding and buying at any On-Line auction conducted by Lane Ryan Auctions
By registering to bid online with Lane Ryan Auctions, Bidders agree to the following Terms & Conditions for all auctions. Terms may vary based on State, Local, Federal and Consignor regulations.
Auction Pick Up Location: 7395 Wertzville Road, Carlisle PA 17015
Auction Close Date: Thursday, June 17th at 7pm
Auction Preview: Thursday, June 17th from 2-6pm
Auction Removal Times: Friday, June 18th from 10am-4pm (NO EXCEPTIONS)
(If you are unable to make the Scheduled pick-up time, please DO NOT BID!
In accordance with CDC guidelines and to protect our staff, our customers and our communities, we have adopted safety protocols in an effort to inhibit the spread of COVID-19. You are not permitted to enter the auction site if you are sick with symptoms of fever, shortness of breath, or cough. You are not permitted to enter the auction site if you have traveled outside the country in the past 14 days or if you have been in contact with anyone who has or had COVID-19 in the last 10 days. You must wear a mask or face covering in order to gain access to the auction site. We will be enforcing physical distancing of 6 feet and limiting the number of customers at the auction site at one time. We appreciate your cooperation in this endeavor.
Please be mindful that pickup of items following the auction is often the most stressful time of the auction process. Lane Ryan Auctions personnel will be onsite to facilitate a smooth and orderly pickup. We ask that all purchasers be respectful and realize that the safety and security of your auction purchases is of upmost importance. YOU MUST CHECK IN WITH THE AUCTION COMPANY PERSONNEL ONSITE ON SCHEDULED PICK UP DATE BEFORE REMOVING ANY MERCHANDISE.
General Conditions: LRA reserves the right to remove or cancel the bids and / or the bidding rights and privileges of any bidder at any time that is deemed to have taken actions not to be in the best interest of the seller. LRA reserves the right to add or remove items from the auction prior to the close of bidding; split or combine lots; add minimum bids or reserve prices. LRA also reserves the right to cancel, suspend, extend or reschedule an individual item and or the entire auction event or to make changes to the auction closing times, inspection times, or removal times.
- By registering to bid with Lane Ryan Auctions, LLC (LRA) you agree to close the transaction pursuant to the terms and conditions of sale.
- Registration: By registering with LRA, you agree to hold harmless LRA, its owner and any Consignor against any claim or liability resulting from items sold, including but not limited to: proximate or consequential damages, failure to comply with local, state or federal laws, and cost or legal expenses arising there from. Under no circumstances will Lane Ryan Auctions be held liable for any reason related to your participation in this auction. You purchase at your own risk and expense.
- Required Bidder and Credit Card Information: Bidders are required to submit a valid full name, address, email address, credit card and phone number. Lane Ryan Auctions (LRA) reserves the right to reject registration to any person or entity. For verification purposes, a credit card is required in order to register for each auction. Upon registering, an authorization “ping” or “catch and release” of $250.00 will be placed against the credit card used for registration. This authorization is NOT a PERMANENT CHARGE or HOLD placed on your card, it is only a pre-authorization “Ping” used to verify identity of our bidders and the availability of funds on the credit card used for registration. Please be advised that LRA has no control over the length of time the verification charge remains on your card, that is at the sole discretion of your credit card company. Generally the “Pending Hold” falls off in less than a day. Also, please be aware that registering for multiple auctions could incur multiple verification charges; and in some instances, multiple verification charges may result in a fraud alert being sent to the card holder. LRA reserves the right to reject or accept bidder registrations at its sole discretion. By entering your mobile number you are authorizing to send updates, offers, specials, or other environmentally friendly communications, up to 8 messages/mo. Message & Data Rates may apply. To cancel, reply STOP. For help, text HELP.
- Deposit: Auction Co. Reserves the right to require a deposit from any bidder prior to bidding or during the bidding process.
- Bidding: The highest Bidder will be the buyer at the auction close price and any dispute shall be settled by the Auction Companies absolute discretion. Review all bids before submitting. It is Company policy that Absolutely NO bids will be reversed or retracted for any reason whatsoever as it creates the perception of impropriety. NO BIDS WILL BE REMOVED OR RETRACTED FOR ANY REASON!!
- Sales Tax: NO SALES TAX- Liquidation sales or once in a lifetime auctions do NOT require us to charge sales tax. If required, sales tax of (6%) will be charged on all items. If you are tax exempt as a reseller or non-profit entity, a current tax exempt or resale exemption certificate must be e-mailed to: LaneRyanAuctions@gmail.com prior to the auction closing date. If the certificate is not received and confirmed, the invoice will be charged sales tax and the Bidder will need to apply for the refund from the state. For motor vehicles purchases the Buyer is responsible for paying sales tax directly to the State.
- Buyer’s Premium: A buyer's premium is an industry standard fee added to each invoice calculated as follows: 15% is added to the hammer price or winning bid. In some cases a convenience fee of 3% will be added to invoices paid by credit card. (For example, if you bid $100.00 on an item and are the winning Bidder, your invoice will be $100.00 plus a 15% buyer’s premium of $15.00 for a total of $115.00. The charge card amount will be $118.45) Applicable sales tax may apply.
- Payments: All Invoices must be paid in full by the end of our scheduled removal time for each auction. Unpaid Invoices will be billed to the credit card on file at the end of auction pick up. You may pay the invoice online via the email you receive following the auction or we are able to accept payment at auction pick up. Forms of payment accepted are MasterCard, Visa, Discover Card, American Express, Certified funds, Cash, Wire Transfer or Pennsylvania Check. No Out of State Checks! Purchases over $5,000 paid by check must include a bank letter of guarantee. All returned checks will be charged a $45 processing fee. Bidders must have an active credit card on file with the appropriate credit limit for the items being bid. All transactions are in U.S. Dollars. If any Bidder fails to complete their transaction or pick up items within the specified time frame, the Auctioneer and its Consignor may offer the item to another Bidder. If a Bidder fails to complete a transaction, they will be Subject to all actions in the Non-Payment Section and barred from future LRA Auctions until all transactions are completed.
- Non-Paying Bidders: An auction bid is a legally binding agreement to purchase. If the winning Bidder does not make full payment for the purchases by the end of scheduled pick-up and their credit card is declined, Auction Company is authorized in its absolute and sole discretion to exercise one or more of the following remedies, in addition to other remedies available to Auction Company and the Owner: You will immediately be charged a $45.00 Credit Card Decline Fee. Auction Company is authorized to: (a) hold the buyer liable for the total purchase price; (b) cancel the sale, retaining as liquidated damages all payments made by the Buyer; (c) resell the property at public auction or private sale with terms that Auction Company deems appropriate; (d) to resell the property at public auction without reserve and the Buyer shall be liable for any deficiency, cost, handling charges and the expenses of both sales and the commissions on both sales; (e) under no circumstance will the buyer be entitled to any overages upon resale of the unpaid items (f) Buyer will be banned from bidding at any future auction conducted by LRA and its affiliates. In addition, the non-paying bidder will be reported to the National Auctioneers Association which will hinder your ability to purchase at most other auctions (h) to file a criminal or civil law suit against the non-paying bidder. Buyer shall be liable to Auction Company for ALL charges incurred because of Buyer's non-payment, including attorney fees, expenses and incidental damages. As between Auction Company and Owner, if the successful bidder does not pay for the property, collection procedures shall be the responsibility of the Consignor or the Auction Company. Non-Paying buyer waives all rights to a hearing and by agreeing to these terms, automatically grants auction company judgement in favor of LRA.
- Non-Delivery Responsibility: All purchases made are at Buyer’s risk. Auction Company shall not be responsible if all or any part of such purchases be lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed from any cause whatsoever. Auction Company shall not, in any event, be liable for non-delivery, or for any other matter or thing, to any Buyer of any lot, other than for the return to Buyer the deposit or sum paid on said lot.
- Chargebacks: As a condition to registration and bidding, Buyer agrees that Buyer will not, under any circumstance, initiate a chargeback to Buyer’s credit card. Buyer further agrees that Buyer is waiving any chargeback rights that may exist under the agreement between Buyer and Buyer’s credit card company. Should a chargeback be initiated by Buyer, these terms and conditions will be conclusive evidence of Buyer’s waiver of any chargeback rights
- Site Safety: All Bidders enter the auction site at their own risk. Any accident or harm caused is not the responsibility of LRA, the Auctioneer, or Consignor. No children or pets are allowed at the auction site during inspection or removal.
- Removal/Pick-Up: Removal of items (pickup) must take place during specific dates and times determined by LRA and its Consignor. This date will be clearly advertised and MUST BE FOLLOWED WITH ABSOLUTELY NO EXCEPTIONS FOR ANY BIDDER OR SITUATION. A paid receipt or proper ID is required from anyone picking up purchased items. Bidders are responsible for the safe, timely removal of their items and for knowing site conditions, bringing tools, equipment and assistance required to remove items. No Assistance with Loading will be Provided Unless Specified in the advertising (I.E. Forklift) Removal of all items purchased are at the expense, liability, and risk of winning Bidder. Lane Ryan Auctions will assume NO liability for anything damaged or broken during removal. Please bring proper help. Auction Staff will not be available to assist with loading. UNLESS SPECIFIED OTHERWISE, BE PREPARED TO REMOVE ALL ITEMS YOU PURCHASED! BUYERS LEAVING ITEMS BEHIND WILL BE CHARGED A DISPOSAL FEE!
- No Warranty Implied: All items are sold "AS IS”, “WHERE IS”, “WHEN AVAILABLE” and with “NO WARRANTY" of any kind expressed or implied as to any item's condition, quality, or value. Descriptions are believed to be accurate, but not guaranteed. Inspection of items prior to auction closing will be posted on the auction information page with dates, time, and location of inspection. No refunds will be awarded for errors in the items description, photo, defect, or anything wrong with the asset item. Bidders are bidding on the described item, not the photo, do not assume a lot consists of multiple items if pictured together. Photos may be a representation of an actual item. Bidders are responsible for personally inspecting item numbers and reading all descriptions prior to placing bids. No refunds will be awarded for errors in the item's description, photo or defect. It is the Bidder's sole responsibility to inspect the item before bidding.
- Abandoned items: If a Bidder fails to remove an item within allowed time frame, LRA reserves the right to deem the item abandoned by the Bidder and the winning Bidder will lose any amount paid and any rights to that item and will be held responsible for any fees incurred for transportation and/or storage expense associated with the abandoned item.
- Technology: Buyer acknowledges and agrees that the internet is an unreliable, unsecure, and error-prone network. Regarding our online and webcast auctions, Auction Company cannot and does not guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to the online bidding service provider or the laneryanauctions.com website or that Buyer information, including auction registration and bids, will be transmitted and received in a timely fashion. Buyer agrees that Auction Company assumes no liability or responsibility for the malfunction or failure of the use of this technology. Use of the “Max Bid” Feature will eliminate most risk with a bid not being accepted.
- Indemnification: Buyer agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Auction Company and Seller from and against all claims and liabilities relating to the condition or use of the articles purchased or failure of user to follow instructions, warnings or recommendations of the manufacturer, or to comply with federal, state and local laws applicable to such articles or for proximate or consequential damages, costs or legal expenses arising therefrom.
- Consignors: LRA acts as an agent to the Consignor and assumes no liability or responsibility for actions, principles or decisions made by the Consignor if withdrawing an item or making changes prior to the auction closing.
- Our Mobile App. By using the "App" to place a bid: (i) you acknowledge that you have read and understand all of the written terms, conditions, and disclaimers set forth herein; (ii) you agree to all such terms, conditions, and disclaimers; (iii) you acknowledge that you have read and understand all of the written terms, conditions, and disclaimers of the auction company that is responsible for the auction in which you are bidding (such terms, conditions, and disclaimers are not set forth herein and must be obtained online when registering to use our platform); and (iv) you agree to all of the terms, conditions, and disclaimers of the auction company for the specific auction in which you are placing a bid.
- Shipping & Delivery: Lane Ryan Auctions DOES NOT offer any shipping for any item ever. Removal and delivery is solely the responsibility of the buyer.
- Lane Ryan Auctions Online Auctions are Soft Closing: The closing of an auction operates on a staggered basis. Bidding typically begins closing for the first item at 6:00 PM Eastern Time, then typically closes 3-10 items per minute thereafter to the last item in catalog order. This rate will be higher depending on the structure of the auction. If a bid is received in the last 60 seconds of an item close, the clock resets to 60 seconds until all bidding ends for that item. Review all bids before they are submitted. NO BIDS WILL BE RETRACTED FOR ANY REASON.
- Rigging: Rigging is at Buyer’s own expense, risk and liability. A certificate of insurance in the amount of $1,000,000.00 naming Lane Ryan Auctions, the landlord, and the Seller as additional insured entities must be presented to Auction Company for all heavy rigging requiring the use of forklifts, cranes, etc. whether performed by Buyer or a rigging company. Buyer shall restore and repair all real and personal property that is altered or damaged as a result of Buyer’s removal of the purchased items. Auction Company has the right to reduce or eliminate these requirements at its sole discretion.
- Reserve: Auction Company reserves the right to reject any and all bids. On lots in which there would be a reserve, the Auction Companies Representative has the right to implement bids on behalf of the Seller.
- Any bid that you place through the "App" in an auction is a legally binding offer to purchase the real or personal property being auctioned. Your bid (i.e., offer) may be accepted by the software, in which case a legally binding agreement will be in place between you and "Auction Company". The terms, conditions, and disclaimers of "Auction Company" for that specific auction will be part of the foregoing agreement.
- Acceptance: By bidding in our auction, the bidder accepts and agrees that they have read and agreed to the Terms & Conditions of the auction in their entirety. Thank you for your understanding, accordance and acceptance of these Terms & Conditions.